Monday, September 18, 2006

My Time Is My Own! (sort of)

It's been a long couple of months.

July started off with the long trip to Atlanta for the fencing nationals, followed by alternating panic attacks from the daughter in Manhattan searching for a new apartment and the daughter here preparing to leave for college. Eventually they both got themselves moved in to their new digs, and I could settle into my new schedule and get seriously to work on the new book (not to mention, back to regular blogging).

Silly me. How could I not have foreseen the continuing phone calls from both, the worries about furniture and utilities and professors and courses and emergency dental work and missing evidence of medical coverage and "NO, MOM! I'M NOT READY FOR THIS!"

But they got over it. Things aren't perfect yet—and eventually they'll realize they won't ever be, but things are better. And that means that I'm no longer spending hours on the phone every day, which means, of course, that I've no longer any excuses:

Time to get to work!

No comments: